Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, bool given in /home/customer/www/regentscanoeclub.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/eventON/includes/calendar/class-calendar-event-structure.php on line 61
Mile End Mill (River Dee) Weekend Trip 27-29 July A classic section of the scenic River Dee, suitable for members who want to progress onto white water. You might have paddled on
Mile End Mill (River Dee) Weekend Trip 27-29 July
A classic section of the scenic River Dee, suitable for members who want to progress onto white water. You might have paddled on the canal, joined on a New Members Evening, recently completed the Introduction to White Water Kayaking course or just need a refresher. Simply put: if you are looking to learn or improve your white water skills, this is the trip for you.
The only prerequisite for this trip is that you must have done your spray deck test – if you do not know what this is, please attend a club pool session and ask.
The number of beginner paddlers we can take on the trip depends on the number of qualified coaches who are able to attend. If you are a qualified coach and would like to help out, please do get in touch asap so we can offer this trip to more members.
Accommodation is at the 4 star Llangollen Hostel (www.llangollenhostel.co.uk). The cost of the trip will be approx. £59 – this will include two nights’ accommodation, breakfast, packed lunch and river fees. Petrol and Saturday night dinner will be extra. The accommodation provides bedding but please bring your own towels.
To request a place on the trip, please email Aime and Johannes at [email protected]
We will let you know if there is space available, and if so you will be invoiced £59.
Once the invoice is paid we will e-mail you to confirm you place on the trip.
The price varies depending on numbers we get, and hence there may be a final invoice or refund to settle the balance.
Please let us know:
- if you have a coaching qualification or if you are willing to lead a group of less experienced paddlers;
- whether you can drive and the number of passengers and boats you can take;
- where you will be leaving from on Friday and returning to on Sunday;
- your paddling experience;
- any dietary requirements;
- any medical conditions we should be aware of; and
- whether you will be paddling a club boat
For those who are new to club trips, here is some key info:
1. Deposits are not refundable
2. A full set of equipment (boat, paddle, cagoule, buoyancy aid, helmet and spraydeck) can be hired from the club on the Thursday before the weekend for £20. See website for full details and process. Note: it is your responsibility to ensure all your kit is returned to the club rinsed, dried and in a good state of repair (faults/broken equipment & kit needs to be reported) by Thursday after the trip.
3. We collect club boats and kit at the club on the Thursday night before the trip; you must be available to pick, fit, pay and help load your kit and boat on the Thursday.
4. You will be assigned to cars/drivers (e-mailed in advance) and departure will generally be after work Friday night and returning to London around 9pm on Sunday. You will be dropped off to a nearby train/tube station by your driver unless they live close. The cost of petrol will be split by passengers and driver in addition to the trip cost.
5. Breakfast is continental and you will be expected to make your own lunches for each day on the river. Dinner will be a local pub where we pre-order.
Thanks, Johannas & Aime
27 (Friday) 6:00 pm - 29 (Sunday) 9:00 pm