North Wales Second May Bank Holiday trip
Not to be confused with the 1st Bank Holiday trip to Tryweryn (despite me using copy and paste mostly for that advert). This trip is for the weekend of
Not to be confused with the 1st Bank Holiday trip to Tryweryn (despite me using copy and paste mostly for that advert). This trip is for the weekend of the 22/23/24th May.
For those who don’t know, the Tryweryn is a dam release river near Bala in North Wales which usually releases enough water over the weekend to keep paddlers happy. i.e. two days of the long weekend but maybe not three. There may be options for a different river on one day, or a walk.
This trip is suitable for everyone comfortable on Grade 2-3 water, ideally having paddled at least three previous weekends (e.g. Dart loop, Barle and Exe etc.). If you are unsure about your level of experience drop us an email or speak to someone at the club.
Dates are Friday 22nd to Monday 24th May (though there may be an option to join us on Saturday 23rd instead of Friday night). We will be camping (to be booked, but likely the Bwch yn Uchaf campsite. If you don’t have a tent but want to come let us know and you should be able to borrow/share with someone. The plan is to have a BBQ one night and pub dinner on the other.
The cost will be £50 which covers three nights at the campsite, BBQ and river snacks. You’ll have to sort your own breakfast and lunch out; there are local shops/cafes around. Please note the Tryweryn now charges a fee for access which is not included in the cost of the trip.
If you are interested in coming please send an email to Mark and James at [email protected] giving us the following info:
- Previous experience?
- Willing to lead or support a group for one or both days? Please state what grade or river section you are happy to do this one, (i.e. upper/graveyard, lower etc.)
- Willing to coach or support a coach for one or both days?
- Willing to drive? Have a car? And if so, how many people/boats can you take?
- Will you be hiring a boat from the club?
- Would you prefer to go to wales on Friday evening or Saturday morning? If we find many people prefer Saturday morning we may be able to arrange to all meet up at the white water centre around lunchtime and do the upper Tryweryn mostly that day.
- If we leave on Friday evening, where would you want to be picked up and what time? Please state your ideal location (post codes or station name), and then provide some option(s) on where you could flexibly get to.
- If we leave on Saturday morning, where would you want to be picked up and what time? Please state your ideal location (post codes or station name), and then provide some option(s) on where you could flexibly get to.
- Where would you want to be dropped off on the return to London? Please state full address with postcode, and also options for stations etc which would be ok for you to get back from. Please note your driver may not be able to take you all the way to your door – it’s usually common practice to get dropped off at a convenient tube station to avoid drivers detouring all over London.
- Do you want to head back on Sunday?
- Any specific food requirements?
To confirm your place please either:
- Send a non-refundable cheque for £50 made out to Regents Canoe Club to James King at East Studio Ground Floor, 37 Buxton Street, London, E1 5EH
- Give us the cheque (or cash in an envelope with your name) to one of us at the club or pool.
- Pay by bank transfer (email us for details).
You won’t have a place on the trip until you’ve paid up, once you’ve paid you’re committed, as usual places are subject to having sufficient cars/leaders to make it work.
Mark (the Don) and James
22 (Friday) 6:00 pm - 24 (Sunday) 8:00 pm