Fully booked The Dart loop is a grade 2/3 river and ideal for those who’ve been on the Mile End Mill trip or Barle & Exe. For more experienced paddlers there may also be a
The Dart loop is a grade 2/3 river and ideal for those who’ve been on the Mile End Mill trip or Barle & Exe. For more experienced paddlers there may also be a chance to paddle the Upper Dart. If you don’t know whether this trip is for you or not, ask any experienced club member you’ve paddled with before, or just apply anyway and we’ll figure it out.
The plan is to travel up on Friday, 23rd February in the evening and return to London on Sunday 25th February.
For this trip we’ll be staying at Brimpts Farm, which mostly features shared rooms with single beds, but also has a few double beds up for grabs. More importantly, it has a hot tub, so please bring your finest hot tub outfit.
The deposit for the trip will be around £60. This includes two nights accommodation, breakfasts and packed lunches, and a cooked dinner at the accommodation on Saturday night. Payment will be needed to secure your place once confirmation emails are sent out.
If you’d like to join the trip, please email Aime on [email protected] with answers to the following questions:
- Will you be happy to lead/support on the Loop/Dart?
- Will you be driving? Can you take passengers and/or boats? How many?
- What are your ideal pick up and drop off points?
- Do you have any dietary requirements?
- For newer paddlers/members – what’s your previous paddling experience and ability level?
- Are you happy to share a bed with anyone else on the trip? Alternatively, does the idea of sharing a bed with anyone else on the trip fill you with a paralysing sense of existential dread? Let me know either way.
Hope to see you all there! Amie
23 (Friday) 7:00 pm - 25 (Sunday) 9:00 pm
Dartmeet Dartmoor Devon PL20 6SG