Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, bool given in /home/customer/www/regentscanoeclub.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/eventON/includes/calendar/class-calendar-event-structure.php on line 61
The Oxford Street Christmas lights have been switched on and the first snow of the season has fallen but most importantly the RCC Christmas Dart trip is now open for
The Oxford Street Christmas lights have been switched on and the first snow of the season has fallen but most importantly the RCC Christmas Dart trip is now open for booking!
The Dart Loop is Grade 2/3 and minimum experience is at least one whitewater weekend such as Mile End Mill or Barle & Exe (or other previous experience). If you are keen to come but unsure if this is for you just drop Debs an email. There may also be the opportunity for more experienced paddlers to do the Upper Dart – Grade 4.
The trip is £60 per person. This covers accommodation at YHA Bellever, breakfasts and packed lunches. It also includes a sophisticated soirée on Saturday night with canapés & cocktails, followed by a carvery dinner at the East Dart Hotel. And of course, it wouldn’t be the Christmas Dart without the annual best (worst) Christmas Jumper competition and RCC Secret Santa.
To book a place, send an email to [email protected] and transfer £60 to the Regents Canoe Club bank account (details in Notes from Canalside).
In your email, you must include the following
- Whether or not you have access to a vehicle and how many boats/passengers you can take.
- Where you will be leaving from and returning to and approximately what time you can leave on the Friday
- If you have your own boat and if so where it needs to be collected from
- A brief description of your paddling ability and for the more experienced paddlers whether you are interested in paddling the Upper Dart if that is an option
- Whether you are happy to lead or support
- If you are vegetarian or have any food allergies (please don’t tell me things you just don’t like)
There are 30 places and these will be allocated on a first to express interest basis with the caveat of ensuring there are appropriate experience levels and drivers for the group. Your place will be confirmed by return email on receipt of your cheque/bank transfer. As with any trip, paddling is dependent on water levels. If levels are too high or too low paddling options might be limited or non-existent for some or all of the group.
16 (Friday) 6:00 pm - 18 (Sunday) 10:00 pm
Youth Hostel Association Bellever
Bellever, Postbridge, Devon, PL20 6TU