Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, bool given in /home/customer/www/regentscanoeclub.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/eventON/includes/calendar/class-calendar-event-structure.php on line 61
Dashing thru the snow in a one horse closed kayak. It’s nearly Christmas and so it must be time to book the hottest ticket to the festive season: the Christmas Dart. Leaving London
Dashing thru the snow in a one horse closed kayak. It’s nearly Christmas and so it must be time to book the hottest ticket to the festive season: the Christmas Dart.
Leaving London on the evening of Friday 7th December and returning on Sunday 9th December.
The Dart Loop is Grade 2/3 and minimum experience is at least one whitewater weekend such as Mile End Mill or Barle & Exe (or other previous experience). If you are keen to come but unsure if this is for you just drop us an email. There may also be the opportunity for more experienced paddlers to do the Upper Dart – Grade 4. And of course, it wouldn’t be the Christmas Dart without the annual best (worst) Christmas Jumper competition and RCC Secret Santa.
The deposit for the trip is £70 per person.
This covers accommodation at Blackadon Barn Cottages, breakfasts and packed lunches, and dinner at the Horse & Groom on Saturday night.
This does not cover drinks at the pub, or any parking fees at the river get-on/off.
To book a place, send an email to: [email protected]
In your email, please include the following:
- Whether or not you have access to a vehicle and how many boats/passengers you can take.
- Where you will be leaving from and returning to and approximately what time you can leave on the Friday.
- If you have your own boat and if so where it needs to be collected from. Or if you are going to hire a club boat.
- For newer paddlers, a brief description of your paddling ability and what trips you’ve been on so far.
- Whether you are happy to lead or support.
- If you are vegetarian or have any food allergies (please don’t tell me things you just don’t like).
- We have an option, at no extra cost, to stay Sunday night at the accommodation. Would you be interested in staying Sunday night also, and returning to London on Monday?
There are 30 places and these will be allocated on a first to express interest basis with the caveat of ensuring there are appropriate experience levels and drivers for the group.
Payment of the deposit will be required to ensure your place on the trip once confirmation emails are sent.
As with any trip, paddling is dependent on water levels. If levels are too high or too low paddling options might be limited or non-existent for some or all of the group. Therefore do bring your walking gear.
7 (Friday) 6:00 pm - 9 (Sunday) 9:00 pm