Christmas Dart trip
Christmas Dart trip Friday 15th to Sunday 17th December The clocks have gone back and rumour has it that Santa is making his way down to Dartmoor so it must be time
Christmas Dart trip
Friday 15th to Sunday 17th December
The clocks have gone back and rumour has it that Santa is making his way down to Dartmoor so it must be time to book your place on the Regents Christmas Dart trip.
The Dart Loop is Grade 2/3 and minimum experience is at least one whitewater weekend such as Mile End Mill or Barle & Exe (or other previous experience). If you are keen to come but unsure if this is for you just drop us an email. There may also be the opportunity for more experienced paddlers to do the Upper Dart – Grade 4.
The deposit for the trip is £60 per person. This covers accommodation at YHA Bellever, breakfasts and packed lunches. It includes cocktail hour in the Regents pop up cocktail bar on Saturday night, followed by a carvery dinner at the East Dart Hotel. And of course, it wouldn’t be the Christmas Dart without the annual best (worst) Christmas Jumper competition and Regents Secret Santa.
To book a place, send an email to [email protected]
In your email, please include the following
- Whether or not you have access to a vehicle and how many boats/passengers you can take.
- Where you will be leaving from and returning to and approximately what time you can leave on the Friday
- If you have your own boat and if so where it needs to be collected from
- For newer paddlers, a brief description of your paddling ability and what trips you’ve been on so far
- Whether you are happy to lead or support
- If you are vegetarian or have any food allergies (please don’t tell me things you just don’t like)
There are 32 places and these will be allocated on a first to express interest basis with the caveat of ensuring there are appropriate experience levels and drivers for the group. Payment of the deposit will be required to ensure your place on the trip once confirmation emails are sent.
As with any trip, paddling is dependent on water levels. If levels are too high or too low paddling options might be limited or non-existent for some or all of the group.
15 (Friday) 6:00 pm - 17 (Sunday) 9:00 pm
Bellever Youth Hostel
Bellever, Postbridge, Devon, PL20 6TU