Brecon Beacons trip
This trip is based in South Wales, primarily based on the Wye and Usk rivers. It is suitable for beginners and intermediates who have some prior white water experience (e.g.
This trip is based in South Wales, primarily based on the Wye and Usk rivers. It is suitable for beginners and intermediates who have some prior white water experience (e.g. they have taken part in one of our Introduction to White Water Kayaking courses, or taken part in a trip to Mile End Mill, or similar). If you’re not sure that you have enough experience, contact the organiser.
Canoes and Kayaks are welcome. If you are interested in attending please answer email [email protected] and answer the questions below. A deposit of £58 will be required to secure a place and this is non refundable if you decide not to go.
We will be staying at www.wern-watkin.co.uk and we have hired the entire place. It is rather high up in the hills so this trip will be totally self catering, including breakfast and dinner. The price includes accom, breakfast, lunches and dinner Saturday. We will need volunteers to cook dinner Saturday night, likely to be pasta. The final cost may be more than £58 depending on number of people attending. Petrol costs will be in addition to this cost and hiring of club kit if you need it at £20.
1. What is your paddling experience?
2. Do you want to do kayak or canoe?
3. Are you willing to coach/lead?
4. Can you drive a car and how many passengers / boats can you take?
5. Do you have your own boat?
6. Where/what time can you leave Friday night and approx. location for Sunday drop off.
7. Are you willing to be kitchen helper for dinner Saturday?
8. Dietary needs, i.e. vegetarian, vegan.
As with any trip, paddling is dependent on water levels. If levels are too high or too low paddling options might be limited or non-existent for some or all of the group.