This is a repeating eventjuly 11, 2016 12:00 am
2 Star Training
We are running a 2* training course and assessments over the summer months. This course is for up to eight members (first come, first served). Members interested in completing the assessment
We are running a 2* training course and assessments over the summer months.
This course is for up to eight members (first come, first served).
Members interested in completing the assessment will need to have some experience of paddling flat water in different locations and will have paddled different crafts (including an Open Boat). It is not an ideal course for members who have just completed the Introduction to White Water Kayaking course due to the Open Boat requirement; however, with commitment and practice in between the sessions, it is possible. For a successful assessment, you will need to make a commitment to attending all sessions as there will be no ‘catch up sessions’ offered.
If you are interested, email Steffi on [email protected] giving details of your experience and pay a £10 commitment charge into the Regents Account using reference “2* training”.
The dates are:
- Monday, 4th July – Kayak: manual handling, forward paddling, steering, backwards paddling
- Tuesday, 5th July – Pool Session – Kayak: bracing, capsizing
- Monday, 11th July – Kayak: turning and sideways moving, journey
- Monday, 18th July – Open Boat: forward paddling, steering
- Monday, 25 h July – Open Boat: backwards, turning and sideways moving
- Monday, 1st August – Open Boat: journey and bracing
- Monday, 22nd August – Open Boat: capsizing
- Thursday, 22nd September – Kayak Assessment
- Thursday, 29th September – Open Boat Assessment
For more information, see the official syllabus and notes on the Canoe England website:
(Monday) 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Regents Canoe Club
16-34 Graham Street, London N1 8JX