This notice is for members, ex-members and people applying to become members of Regents Canoe Club (RCC). It tells you about why we collect personal information, the information we collect, who has access to it and why. We also tell you about your rights.
Why do we collect personal information?
The club processes personal information for membership purposes to assist us in the administration of the club, to administer payments, to foster a canoe and kayak community and to keep a historic record of the club.
What information do we collect?
- personal contact details: name, email, address, phone number, emergency contact details.
- kayaking qualifications
- records of your attendance at any club trips, pool sessions, canal sessions
- records of incidents/hospital visits
- correspondence you have with the committee official email addresses
- photos and videos of club activities
- newsletter articles, blog posts.
- members are encouraged to tell river leaders about any medical conditions for safety reasons, but no records are kept
Members should be aware that when participating in club activities, such as club trips, photos and videos may be taken by club members and submitted for publishing on our website, in our newsletter or on the members’ intranet page.
Who has access to the information?
- Information concerned with club administration has access restricted to RCC committee members, ex committee members during transition and occasionally to members delegated to a task by the committee. This includes contact details, incident reports, records of attendance etc.
- Information about club activities is shared with club members. This includes a library of photos, videos, newsletters, articles and blog posts. Some photos, videos and blog reports are available to the public on the club website. The public part of the website does not have members’ contact details or full names.
Club trips are not directly organised by the committee but by club members. This information is not under club control and is not part of the personal information processed by the club. The committee does not provide any personal details to the trip organiser (unless in case of emergency). If a member wants to participate in a trip they will be expected to share an email address and mobile contact details, with the trip organiser and other people on the trip to support logistics. Trip organisers are given guidelines on how best to manage your personal details.
Where do we hold this information?
We use several IT online services for club administration. These are detailed below with links to their respective Privacy Notices:
- RCC Membership is managed on WebCollect: https://webcollect.org.uk/help-topic/privacy-notice .
- The New Members Evenings attendee information is collected on a form hosted on Eventbright: Eventbright Privacy Notice and transferred onto the WebCollect membership system (above).
- The Introduction to White Water Kayaking course attendees’ signup information is collected on a form on our website
- Incident reports, club trip reports and other RCC committee information is held in the RCC Committee Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/privacy
- Photos, videos, blogs and newsletters stored on RCC website
- Members emails for ‘Notes from the Canalside’ newsletter is hosted on Mailchimp: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Xero – accounting system for income and expenditure: https://www.xero.com/uk/about/legal/privacy/
- RCC Facebook page which is moderated by the RCC committee: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation. Joining the Facebook group is optional, and it is not the main method of communication by RCC committee.
Who do we share the information with?
We do not share your personal information with third parties and will not do so unless required to do so by law or for your safety and wellbeing.
How long do we retain your personal information?
This depends on the type of information. We have retention guidance for all the personal information that we keep. Every year we review our information against those guidelines and dispose of old information as appropriate. As a rule of thumb, the information that we collect for the administration of the club is kept for 4 years after a member leaves. Information about club activities and club history, which contains less personal information, can be kept for very much longer.
There is not an option to permit membership of the club without providing your personal information because it is required for the running of the club.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances. This is the case for your sign up to our FaceBook page and to our Notes from Canalside, both of which you can unsubscribe from. If you see a photograph or video which has your image on our website or the members’ intranet pages, you can contact the club to request that this be removed.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact email@example.com
- Members can access their membership profile information on Webcollect. It is important this information is kept up to date and accurate. It is members’ responsibility to make the appropriate changes to their membership profile or to email the membership secretary with any changes by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is important that members tell river leaders about any medical conditions that may affect their paddling performance or safety before getting onto the water during a club activity.
Updates to Privacy Notice.
This privacy notice may be updated from time to time. You will be updated of any changes through the RCC website and Notes from Canalside.