Hiring equipment from Regents Canoe Club
Equipment can usually only be booked out and collected from the club between 8 and 8:30pm on Mondays or Thursdays.
Members of Regent’s Canoe Club can use club equipment to paddle on the canal on club nights for free. They can also hire kayaking equipment to take away with them on any club trip (see below for hire prices).
Members of Regent’s Canoe Club can use club equipment to paddle on the canal on club nights for free. They can also hire kayaking equipment to take away with them on any club trip (see below for hire prices). Members can help themselves to equipment for use on the canal on club nights. Equipment that is being hired for use on a club trip must be booked out from the club in person, and paid for before being taken off-site. An equipment officer will be at the club between 8 and 8.30pm every Monday and Thursday evening for members to book out equipment.
- We have a wide range of useful items which we are happy to hire out to members, including splits, boat locks and uprights. If you aren’t sure what equipment you need, just ask the equipment officer on duty.
- You are responsible for checking that the equipment that you have hired is safe to use
- If you find any faults or problems with the equipment you hire you MUST inform the equipment officer so the problem can be fixed before the equipment is hired to another member
- If you have any questions, or any problems with equipment, please email our Equipment Officer.
- If boats, paddles or other equipment are lost or damaged, the club may seek full reimbursement of the costs of purchasing replacement equipment
Equipment for use on the canal
- This equipment is free for use by Regent’s members. We have boats, spraydecks, buoyancy aids and paddles available for use on the canal.
- Regent’s canal buoyancy aids and spraydecks are located in the cupboard at the back of the buoyancy aid storage room. Please do not use the buoyancy aids or spraydecks which are not in the cupboard, as these belong to IBC.
- Please hang buoyancy aids and spraydecks in the cupboards to dry after use, and return the boat you have used to the boat cage
Hiring equipment for use on Regent’s trips
- Equipment for trips can be hired to Regent’s members. A full set of equipment can be hired for £20. This includes boat, paddle, spraydeck, buoyancy aid, helmet and cag. A complete list of charges for equipment items can be found below
- Bookings can be made in advance, once a trip has been advertised, but must be made in person at the club
- Equipment must be paid for in full before being taken off site. Cash or cheques are accepted. Please note, it is your responsibility to bring the correct change
- Regent’s equipment can only be used by members. Members may only book out one boat and associated equipment for themselves, unless the Equipment Officer authorises otherwise. Members may not hire boats or equipment for the use of non-members unless the Equipment Officer permits them to do so
- New members who have not done a Regents Introduction to White Water Kayaking course may be required to demonstrate that they can safely handle a kayak/canoe (including safely exiting a kayak whilst upside down in the water, or rolling the boat) and that they know how to safely transport boats
- Equipment hired for the weekend/week should normally be returned on the following Monday or Thursday at the latest
- Any equipment not returned on time will be subject to the normal weekly hire rate, as shown below, unless authorised by the equipment officer.
- All equipment must be checked in with the equipment officer and not just left at the club
- All equipment should be returned clean and dry. If paddling in sea water, equipment should be rinsed in fresh water and dried. All sand or dirt should be removed from boats. The pockets of buoyancy aids should be emptied.
We have access to IBC’s open boats (moored on the pontoon) on all club nights. We can only access their other boats by advance arrangement only.
If you would like to run a session that requires their boats (eg slalom boats) – please speak to a coach or committee member. We need to give a week’s notice so we need to plan ahead.
Personal equipment storage
The club is unable to provide any storage space for members’ personal boats or kit. All storage space is fully used by the club.
|Equipment||Day *||Weekend||Week||Two weeks||Extra week|
|Cag (semi dry top)||£1.00||£2.00||£4.00||£4.00||£2.00|
* Day rate is for items hired and returned on Monday and/or Thursday of the same week. Day rate does not apply at weekends.