Hiring equipment from Regents Canoe Club
Equipment can usually only be booked out and collected from the club between 8 and 8:30pm on Mondays or Thursdays.
- Bookings can be made in advance, in person at the club, and can only be made by full club members
- Members may only book out one boat and associated equipment for themselves, unless the Equipment Officer authorises otherwise. Members may not hire boats or equipment for the use of non-members unless the Equipment Officer permits them to do so
- New members who have not done a Regents Introduction to White Water Kayaking course may be required to demonstrate that they can safely handle a kayak/canoe (including safely exiting a kayak whilst upsidedown in the water, or rolling the boat) and that they know how to safely transport boats
- Day rate is only applicable for items hired on Monday and returned on Thursday
- Equipment hired for the weekend/week should normally be returned on the following Monday or Thursday at the latest
- Any equipment NOT returned on time will be subject to the normal weekly hire rate, as shown below
- All equipment MUST be checked in and not just left
- All equipment should be returned clean and dry. If paddling in sea water, equipment should be rinsed in fresh water and dried. All sand or dirt should be removed from boats
- If you have any questions, or any problems with equipment, please email our Equipment Officer. Please also let the Equipment Officer know if there is a problem with the equipment so that it can be repaired or replaced
- If boats, paddles or other equipment are lost or damaged, the club may seek full reimbursement of the costs of purchasing replacement equipment
Club buoyancy aids are stored in the cupboard at the back of the buoyancy aid storage room. It will be unlocked at the start of each session so you can access them easily. Please return them and hang them up at the end of each session so they can dry.
We have neoprene spay decks for use on the canal. Again please return them to the storage cupboard after use. If you hang them up to dry then they should last a little longer.
We have access to IBC’s open boats (moored on the pontoon) on all club nights. We can only access their other boats by advance arrangement only.
If you would like to run a session that requires their boats (eg slalom boats) – please speak to a coach or committee member. We need to give a week’s notice so we need to plan ahead.
If you want to use a waterproof top (cagoule) – please bring your own to the session.
Personal equipment storage
The club is unable to provide any storage space for members’ personal boats or kit. All storage space is fully used by the club.
|Equipment||Day *||Weekend||Week||Two weeks||Extra week|
|Cag (semi dry top)||£1.00||£2.00||£4.00||£4.00||£2.00|
* Day rate is for items hired and returned on Monday and/or Thursday of the same week. Day rate does not apply at weekends.